Fun Websites for Preschool-Grade 2
- Bob the Builder - Fun and educational activities with TV's Bob the Builder characters.
- Fun with Spot - Play with Spot (or Eric Hill's books) on this interactive website for young children.
- Leading to Reading - Interactive stories, rhymes, and lullabies.
- Mr. Rogers Neighborhood - Learning along with Mr. Rogers.
- Peter Rabbit - Beatrix Potter stories, e-cards, and more.
- Storyline Online - Children's picture books read aloud by members of the Screen Actor's Guild.
- Thomas the Tank Engine - Online and printable coloring sheets, as well as other goodies, for fans of Thomas and friends.
- Crayola.com - Coloring pages, activities, crafts, games and fun for the younger set.
- The Puzzle Factory - Jjigsaw puzzles, memory games, and online coloring books for younger children.
- Seussville - small selection of games, activities and sound effects as well as interactive narration for young children, based on Dr. Seuss books.
Fun Websites for Grades 2-5
- ABCya.com - Free educational kids computer games and activities for elementary students
- American Girl - Games, e-cards, quizzes, craft ideas, American Girl stories, and more.
- Garfield Fun & Games - This fun-filled site revolves around everyone's favorite feline.
- National Geographic Kids - Games, projects, amazing facts, and more.
- Star Wars - Games, trivia, and behind-the-scenes information on the Star Wars movies.
- Children's Recipes - Includes Easy BakeTM oven, breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes.
- Kids Psych - Games for parents to play with children ages 1-5 and 6-9.
- NBC Olympics - Helps kids learn about all the sports included in the summer and winter games
- National Art Gallery - Kids can create a painting with interactive software, or use their PHOTO OP to learn about digital photography
- National Museum of American History - Try these fun activities to turn your computer into the Museum's newest interactive exhibit
- Spatulatta - Teaches children to cook with free step-by-step videos
- Fact Monster - The creators of the wonderful Information Please Almanac have introduced a version of this resource just for children.
It has an easy interface, and includes an on-line dictionary, encyclopedia, a homework center, "today in history," and a word of the day.
An excellent starting place for students!
- Internet Public Library Kid Space - Get help finding answers to questions on many different subjects.
- KidsClick! - A searchable, browsable directory of 6,000+ web resources for children and those who work with them.
Grouped into fifteen major categories with many sub-categories, entries are briefly annotated and include the number of illustrations
and reading level. Don't miss their Search Lessons and Picture and Sound Search Tools pages. Developed by the Ramapo
Catskill Library System, NY.
- Kids Infobits - Meets the research needs of students in grades K through 6. Features newspaper and magazine articles.
- TN History for Kids - Covers the history, civics, and geography of Tennessee. Includes virtual tours and videos.
- ABCYA - has free educational kids' computer games and activities.
- National Museum of American History - Allows kids to explore fascinating historical exhibits online
- AskKids - Lets kids phrase their search in the form of a question.
- Coolmath4Kids.com - Offers Math exercises and games
- Cyberkids.com - Publishes originial creative works - art, music, creative writing - by kids ages 7-12.
- Explorescience.com - Features fantastic animated experiments and cool problems to solve.
- Extremescience.com - Lets kids explore the extremes of nature, weather, time and space interactively.
- History.com - The Link: "History Education" contains and online classroom with program schedules,
study guides, student projects and a webcast.
- Kids.NationalGeographic.com - Offers lots of useful historical interactive features
- Scholastic News for Kids - Daily news and current events for kids
- TimeforKids.com - From Time magazine, has pertinent news stories, research tools, and even articles by Time's kid reporters
- Tutor.com - Live tutoring available 4-11 pm throughout the school year with a Collierville Burch Library card