- Babies & Toddlers - Recommended Books
- Preschoolers - Recommended Books
- Early Grade Readers - Recommended Books
- 100 Children's Books to Read in a Lifetime Part 1
- 100 Children's Books to Read in a Lifetime Part 2
- Book Adventure - Book Adventure is a free reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. Book Adventure was created by and is maintained by Sylvan Learning Center.
- A Book and a Hug - Click on the search box and you can find books by category and reading level simultaneously.
- Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site - A nationally-known storyteller, lecturer, author, and consultant, Hurst's site reviews children's books and gives ideas on ways to use them in the classroom.
- Children's Literature Web Guide - Recommended books, book reviews, and commentaries.
- Cooperative Children's Book Center (CCBC) - The CCBC, a research library of the School of Education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, supports teaching, learning and research related to children's and young adult literature and provides informational and educational services based on its collections to UW students and faculty as well as librarians, teachers, childcare providers, researchers and other adults.
- Guys Read - Popular kids' author Jon Scieszka presents a literacy program to connect boys with books.
- Juvenile Series & Sequels - Database of over 20,000 books in series titles for children and young adults. Browse by series title, book title, author, or by series subject (such as dinosaurs, dragons, horses or spies), or use the main search link at the bottom of the page. From Mid-Continent Public Library, Missouri.
- KidsReads.com - Books for kids ages 6-12
- Jim Trelease on Reading Aloud - Author of the bestseller, The Read-Aloud Handbook, Jim Trelease' website is full of great resources for parents. See what he has to say about e-reading here.