- Caldecott Medal - The Caldecott Medal honors the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- Coretta Scott King Book Award - Given to African American authors and illustrator for outstanding inspirational and educational contributions, the Coretta Scott King Book Award titles promote understanding and appreciation of the culture of all peoples and their contribution to the realization of the American dream of a pluralistic society.
- Newbery Medal - The Newbery Medal honors the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
- Pura Belpré Award - The Belpré Medal honors a Latino/Latina writer and illustrator whose works best portray, affirm, and celebrate the Latino cultural experience in an outstanding work of literature for children and youth.
- Theodor Seuss Geisel Award - The Theodor Seuss Geisel Medal honors the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished contribution to the body of American children’s literature known as beginning reader books published in the United States during the preceding year.
- Volunteer State Book Award- This award honors outstanding books chosen annually by Tennessee students.