Our collection includes more than 120,000 items, but sometimes we don't have the book or periodical needed. The Interlibrary Loan service borrows books and obtains photocopies or articles from other libraries for eligible patrons in order to support our mission as a public library. This service provides access to millions of titles from other libraries around both the state and nation.
A print or online form will need to be filled out and signed. By signing this form you will be agreeing with the following:
- Patrons requesting an Interlibrary Loan must have a valid Lucius E. and Elsie C. Burch, Jr. Library card.
- An individual ILL Request Form must be filled out or submitted online for each item requested. If complete title or periodical citation information is not available, please ask for assistance at the Library's Information Desk.
- A total of four interlibrary loan requests per patron may be on-going at any one time.
- Items already in the Library's collection may not be requested through interlibrary loan, even if the item is non-circulating or currently checked out. A hold should be placed on material owned by the Burch Library. If an item is listed as missing in Polaris, the Libraries' online public access catalog, you may request it from interlibrary loan.
- A $2.00 fee will be charged per ILL item received. Any additional fees attached by the supplying library will be the responsibility of the patron submitting the request.
- For a complete set of guidelines for Interlibrary Loan, click here.