Apply For A Card
1. How do I apply for a library card?
You may apply for a library card by filling out this online application. Library cards can be picked up at the checkout desk once ID and proof of residence have been verified.
The Library provides Collierville residents library cards at no charge and nonresidents library cards at an annual fee of $25. The groups listed below are exempt from the $25 nonresident fee. All library cards issued must be renewed one year from date of issue. There is no minimum age to apply for a library card as long as the parent/guardian signs the application.
- Town of Collierville Staff Not: Staff family members
- Active Duty Military Personnel/Families
- Collierville Public and Private K-12 Students Not: Pre-K, Homeschool "schools", College, Parents and Siblings of Students
- Collierville Public and Private K-12 Staff Not: Pre-K, Homeschool "schools", or College, Teacher Substitutes, Student Teachers not living in Collierville
- Collierville Business Owners
The following information must be supplied on the library application card in order to receive services.
- Name and Parent's Name if under 18
- Residential Address - PO Box can only be used as the 2nd Address
- Phone number(s)
- Date of Birth
When applying for or renewing a library card, applicants must show verification of his/her current residential address. The verified address must match the information supplied by the patron on the application form.
COLLIERVILLE PROPERTY OWNERS must present a picture I.D. shown by an adult; Library staff can look up their address on the Shelby County Assessors Website.
COLLIERVILLE RENTERS must provide a Collierville utility bill no older than 60 days or a current lease agreement for proof of residency. Accepted forms of identification are a driver's license, or military I.D. Other forms of acceptable I.D. will be at the Library Director's discretion.
NONRESIDENT APPLICANTS must present a Photo ID and verification of current address, such as an up-to-date driver's license to obtain a library card.
Requirements for EXEMPT GROUPS are as follows:
- Town Staff: PROOF REQUIRED - Proof of Town employment (Uniform with TOC, call TOC HR Department), Picture I.D., and proof of residence Not: Staff Family Members
- Active Duty Military Personnel/Families: PROOF REQUIRED - U.S. Uniformed Services I.D.and Privilege Card shown by an adult and proof of residence
- Collierville Public and Private K-12 Students: PROOF REQUIRED - Previous semester's report card, letter from teacher and picture I.D. shown by an adult and proof of residence Not: Pre-K, Homeschool "schools", College, Parents and Siblings of Students
- Collierville Public and Private K-12 Staff: PROOF REQUIRED - Staff I.D. and proof of residence Not: Pre-K, Homeschool "schools", or College, Teacher Substitutes, Student Teachers not living in Collierville, Staff Family Members
- Collierville Business Owners: PROOF REQUIRED - Current year paid tax receipt for the business location, a business license, a lease that is current, and a picture I.D. shown by an adult and proof of residence
2. How do I get a virtual library card?
Once you have a library card, you may be interested in setting up a virtual library card for your smart phone. Smart phone apps such as CardStar and KeyRing allow you to load your library card number on your phone. Two-dimensional barcode scanners at the library check-out desk allow you to check-out materials using your smart phone. If you have any questions about this service, please contact the Circulation Desk at (901) 457-2602.
Access My Library Card Account
1. How can I access my account?
To access your account, go to the My Account tab in the top menu of this website and click on Check Due Dates/Renew Items. Type in your library card number which is the number under the barcode on your library card. You will need to type in a password which was formerly your PIN number. Effective Aug 4, 2011 your PIN number defaulted to the last four digits of your phone number.
2. What if I forgot my password?
If you forget your password, click on Forgot your password? on the login page. Enter your library card number, click on Email Password and your password will be sent to your e-mail address. If you need further assistance call the Circulation Desk during open hours at (901) 457-2602.
3. How can I change my password to something else?
To create a new password, you must be logged in to your account. Click on Change Logon toward the bottom of the screen. Check the box that says Change Password. Type in your old password in the first box, type your new password in the second box, then verify the new password in the third box. Click Save at the bottom. If you need further assistance, contact the library at (901) 457-2602.
4. I've lost my card or it has been stolen. What should I do?
If your card has been lost or stolen, contact your library immediately to tell us about the problem. At your earliest convenience, you will need to come to the library to get a replacement card.
5. What do I need to bring with me to get a replacement card?
If your card is current within a year, you will need photo identification. If your card is not current, see the Apply For A Card section of this article for what to bring. *Replacement cards are $5 if it is the first time you have replaced it. Additional replacement cards cost $10 each.*