The Library has many volunteer opportunities. A volunteer application may be printed below, and submitted to the library check-out desk. Please review the Volunteer Guidelines or call 457-2602 for more information.
1. Volunteers must fill out an application. If an application has been filled out previously but is no longer on file, a new application must be filled out.
2. Volunteers are typically scheduled for two hour time periods once per week.
3. Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age. This does not include Summer Reading Program Volunteers, who must be between the ages of 12 and 18.
4. Volunteers must dress appropriately. Many volunteer tasks require reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc., so volunteers should dress accordingly. As a rule of thumb, if clothing cannot be worn to school, then it should not be worn to volunteer. The Volunteer Coordinator may be contacted with questions on what constitutes appropriate dress.
5. Volunteers must conduct themselves in a suitable manner. Please refrain from excessive cell phone conversations, excessive texting, excessing talking with other volunteers, etc.
*The library may not be able to accommodate last minute scheduling.* For instance, a volunteer who calls at 1:00 pm on a Saturday and needs 8 hours by Monday may be refused if other volunteers are already scheduled for Saturday or Sunday hours.
If these guidelines are not followed, volunteers may not receive credit for the hours they have worked.