News & Events
Life Skills 101
The Tennessee Electronic Library offers a wealth of information for Tennesseans including access to World Book's many resources. Did you know that World Book has a Life Skills section? Life Skills 101 offers practical tips on such topics as buying and maintaining cars, applying for jobs, budgeting, arranging housing, understanding health care issues, social skills, and more. Life Skills includes printable PDFs (see attached example) and a list of websites and phone numbers for additional information.
Coloring For Adults
When: Friday, March 24th, anytime between 1:00-4:00
Please register on the Library's Events Calendar at colliervillelibrary.org
Arbor Day Photography Contest
- Theme: "Branching Out"
- For Whom: All Collierville Residents of any age (except TOC employees and Friends of the Library members)
- Submission requirements:
- Photographs – Color or black and white and no smaller than 11 inches on the shortest side
- All photographs must be securely matted in a white mat with a minimum of 2.5 inches wide on all sides
- Deadline for Submissions: April 8, 2017 by 6:00 pm at the Information Desk of the Collierville Library
- Prizes: Awarded at our Arbor Day Event on April 29th at 1 pm.; 1st: $100, 2nd: $50, 3rd: $25
Arbor Day Writing Contest
- Who can enter: Students in grades 6-12
- Writing criteria: Electronic submission, Word document, limited to 500 words or less, double-spaced
- Include: Student name, school, and grade on each page of submission
- Type of Writing: Can be essay, short story, or poem
- Deadline for submission: April 8, 2017 at 6:00pm
- Prizes: Awarded to first, second and third place winners during our Arbor Day event on April 29th at 1:00 PM. 1st: $100, 2nd: $50, 3rd: $25. First and second place submissions will have the opportunity to read at the Arbor Day event.
- Theme: Branching Out